Here are the international locations Singaporeans want a visa for
Singapore shares top spot with Japan for the maximum effective passport inside the world. Both international locations boast passports which have visa-loose or visa on arrival get right of entry to to 189 nations. (Cue Aladdin’s A Whole New World.)
However, there are a few destinations that particularly still require a visa utility in advance no matter ownership of a Singapore passport.
The Land Down Under is a super famous choice for Singaporeans to have a family excursion. But Marvel, Marvel, you want a visa to go to although it is for a brief excursion.
Australia uses an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) system that’s quite handy and does not take lengthy to the procedure. The ETA may be valid for use for a year so that you can pass again to Australia any time inside that period.
Considering how popular Australia is, this visa software is nicely really worth the problem.Application Fee: AUD 20 (S$19) (online)
The simplest element that stands among you and the Taj Mahal is a visa (and cash for the entirety else). Singaporeans trying to travel to India require a visa even though there is an exception. Singaporeans of Indian ethnicity can apply to be known as an Overseas Citizen of India, a status which gives the visa-loose tour.
Visas-on-arrival is available at major airports in India for the US $25 but making use of for a visa on-line saves you the hassle and time.
With many unique cultures, attractions and cuisines to discover, a visa utility isn’t always going to prevent me from going there.
“A passport, as I am sure you know, is a document that one shows to government officials whenever one reaches a border between countries, so the officials can learn who you are, where you were born, and how you look when photographed unflatteringly.”
– Lemony Snicket
Here are five tips for travelling with a passport:
1. Make sure that you have enough time to get a visa before you leave. It can sometimes take quite a while. If you do not need a visa it may be useful to print a page from the embassy web site stating that. This gives you some proof which can be useful, especially if you plan on arriving at small border crossings which may not always be updated with the latest regulations (or who like to make a little money on the side).
2. If you are going for a visa on arrival instead of getting it in advance make sure that you have what is needed (cash in the right currency, passport photo, etc) and that it is possible to get a visa on arrival at the border crossing you plan to use. It may not be possible everywhere and having to turn around to get a visa will suck.
3. Visas can be expensive. The price can also vary from country to country so if you plan on visiting several countries getting a visa may be cheaper once you are on the road.
4. You may have problems entering a country if you have a visa from another country in your passport (e.g. entering Saudi Arabia with an Israeli visa stamp). If this is the case you can ask to have your visa stamped on a separate piece of paper.
5. Memorize your passport number; you will have to fill it out several times. If you have problems remembering your passport number there is a simple MNEMONIC-technique you can learn. Learn this list (or create your own):